Neem oil is a type of vegetable oil that is extracted from the fruits of the evergreen neem tree.
Doctors and medics have listed the many benefits of neem oil for health and wellness. There is a good reason many beauty cosmetics boast of neem based products. Neem oil is rich with medicinal properties linked with skin care.
Beauty Benefits of Neem Oil:
1. Dry Skin Remedy
As per The Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), neem oil, is loaded in triglycerides, essential fatty acids (EFAs), calcium and vitamin E.
EFA’s and Vitamin E, enable neem oil to seep deep into your skin, thereby healing dryness and cracks.
2. Prevents Acne
The asprin like compound present in neem seed oil helps in removing acne causing bacteria from your skin. While, the fatty acids in neem oil helps in preventing scars caused by acne. Also, it brings back the healthy glow of skin and reduces its redness.
3. Reduces Eczema
Neem oil is an old natural remedy for eczema symptoms, including itchy, dry skin. Though it helps soothes the skin, neem oil does not cure the root causes of eczema.
The causes of eczema could be acquired or hereditary. Regular usage of neem oil helps in the treatment of red rashes and eczema irritation.
4. Stimulates Collagen
Neem oil stimulates collagen production, which helps in slowing down the process of aging. Regular usage of neem oil not just smoothens wrinkles and fine lines but also makes your skin look young and supple.
5. Smoothes Wrinkles
With its immune-boosting compounds and regenerative properties, neem oil enables your skin to fight pathogens, that are present below the skin surface.
This keeps your skin smooth, and fights wrinkles, as well. Using neem oil on your face, including neem powder in face packs helps in soothing your skin, therefore reducing the effects of aging.
Neem Oil Wrinkle Cream with Lavender Recipe:
8 ounces Organic Jojoba oil
½ ounce Pure, organic Neem oil
4–5 drops Pure Lavender oil
1. Place all the ingredients in a small cosmetic bottle or cosmetic container.
2. Shake well.
3. Make sure all ingredients are well blended.
4. Apply, as a moisturizer, into your to skin liberally.
1. For skin problems, you should apply directly onto the skin at least 2-3 times a day.
2. Do not use undiluted neem oil on your skin. Just try a very small amount on a small area of your skin to make sure your skin does not have a negative reaction.
1. Aloe Vera Gel: Its Beauty Benefits for Your Skin and Hair
2. How to Use Onion Juice and Honey for Faster Hair Growth
3. 3 Easy Homemade Fruit Scrubs for Dry and Peeling Hands
photo credit: rkoils