Strawberries can do wonders for your skin, because of its rich nutrients. You can expect strawberry to do miracles for your skin.
Benefits of Strawberry on Your Skin:
1. Strawberries are rich in alpha-hydroxylic acid to help remove dead skin cells.
2. Strawberries contain astringent, anti-oxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties that help in slowing down the aging process, treat burns and provides some form of UV protection.
3. Strawberries contain vitamin C that boosts up collagen production, and minimizes wrinkles and fine lines. While the omega-3 fatty acids present in strawberries ehlp lighten your skin tone, while reducing dark circles.
4. Strawberries contain salicylic acid, which makes them ideal agents for treating acne.
1. Exfoliating Strawberry Face Mask
Strawberries have a mildly abrasive texture that makes it an excellent exfoliator for gently scouring dead cells,dirt, and excess oils from the skin’s surface.
While honey will help to gently cleanse your face, and act as a gentle exfoliator to counteract the abrasive nature of the fruit.
2-3 mashed strawberries
1. In a bowl, mash 2-3 ripe strawberries into a pulp.
2. Stir in the honey until a fairly smooth paste is form.
3. Apply the mixture onto your face using a gentle circular motion.
4. Massage the mask onto your face for about 2 minutes. Then leave on for 15 minutes.
5. Wash off using warm water first, then cold water to close off pores.
1. Do not pluck off the strawberry leaves. The coarse texture will help to gently exfoliate and cleanse your skin.
2. Use raw honey for best results as processed honey may irritate the skin.
3. Before using any of the masks, it is best to first test a small portion of the mask onto your wrist or inner elbow to see if you might be allergic to it.
2. Moisturizing Strawberry Face Mask:
This strawberries with cream face mask is just what you need for harsh cold days that leave your skin dull and dry. The cream helps nourish and gives your skin that soft lustrous feel, while honey acts as a mild astringent, and itsanti-septic properties help cleanse your skin of dirt and germs, that are responsible for causing acne.
2-3 mashed Strawberries
1 Tbsp Fresh cream
1 tsp Honey
1. Mash the strawberries.
2. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
3. Apply the mixture onto your neck and face.
4. Leave it on for as long as you can, or until the mixture completely dries up.
5. Using warm water, rinse off. Then wash your face using cold water to close pores. Pat dry using a clean towel.
1. The riper the strawberry, the easier it is to mash into a pulp.
2. Avoid your hairline and eyebrows, since this contains lightening properties, that can visibly lighten your eyebrows.
3. For dry peeling skin, use full fat cream, then massage the face mask for 2 minutes before allowing it to settle.
3. Oil-Control Strawberry Mask
Added with lemon juice, this mask helps in removig excess sebum on your skin’s surface, and cleanses the skin pores from deep within. Also, lemon juice is a natural astringent, which helps fade dark spots and acne scars. While the alpha hydroxyl acids present in strawberries helps to control oil production on the skin surface, therefore, keeping blackheads and pimples away.
2-3 mashed strawberries
1 tsp Lemon juice
1. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
2. Apply the mixture onto your clean face.
3. Leave on for 15 minutes.
4. Gently rinse off using warm water. Then rinse again using cold water to close up your pores.
1. Put your hair away from your face by using a ponytail.
2. Wear an old t-shirt to keep it from dripping onto your clothes.
3. Do a facial steam before hand as this will open up your face pores, thereby allowing the mask to sink deep into your pores.
1. Top Three Mango Face Mask Recipes for Beautiful Skin
2. This Healthy Dessert Doubles as a Face Mask
3. Okra: As Anti-Aging Face Mask, Moisturizer and Hair Gel
photo credit: pixabay